Managing the prevention of EDP workers' occupational risks is a joint effort that requires the contribution of all. EDP's Prevention Management System is the most important tool at our disposal, with a view to continuous improvement.
What are the basic elements of EDP's Prevention Management?
- A visible and permanent commitment of the Board of Directors and the entire EDP chain of command.
- A consolidated, documented and communicated prevention, following the basic principles approved by the Board of Directors.
- A 'Zero accidents' goal.
- An organization based on everyone's involvement to achieve the company's prevention goals.
- Understanding that prevention is as important as any other element. Providing resources to implement the plans at all levels.
- An organization to support prevention, with specialized technicians.
- Preventive practices must be fully documented and updated.
- Preventive observations on all levels to correct hazardous situations.
- Effective communication between all elements of the organization.
- Continuous training.
- Accident analysis, following the principle that "All accidents can be avoided."
- Progressive motivation, taking into account everyone's active participation.